6 medium cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 minced scallion
1 – 2 tsp finely minced jalapeno pepper
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 medium avocado, diced into ¼ inch cubes
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 6 oz. halibut steaks or fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting properties.
2. Mix together garlic, scallions, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, 1/4 cup
lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 inches of water in the bottom of a steamer and let it come to a boil.
4. Rub halibut with 1TBS lemon juice and season with a little salt and black pepper. Place in
steamer and steam 10 minutes for every inch of thickness. (e.g., 5 minutes if it is 1/2-inch
5. Place fish on plate, and top with salsa.