24 medium shrimp; cooked and Peeled
4 cup cooked rice vermiceli
16 (8 1/2 inch) round rice paper wrappers
1 cup bean sprouts
32 medium fresh mint leaves
32 fresh basil leaves
16 small sprigs of cilantro
1 medium English cucumber peeled and cut crosswise into 2 1/2 inch pieces
3 medium green onion (white and green part only), cut into quarters lengthwise
8 Boston lettuce leaves, cut in half
1. Half each shrimp horizontally
2. Place ingredients in separate containers and arrange in order on a work surface.
3. Place a clean a damp cloth on the work surface.
4. Fill a dish that is large enough to hold rice paper, with water. A frying pan works really
5. Working one wrapper at a time, submerge completely in water for about 15 seconds, until
6. Place rice wrapper on damp cloth.
7. Working quickly, place 3 shrimp half, cut side up, in the centre of the wrapper. Add ¼ cup
of noodles, a few bean sprouts, 2 mint leaves, 2 basil leaves, 1 sprig of cilantro, 4
cucumber sticks, and 2 green onion pieces.
8. Roll one piece of lettuce into a cigar shape and lay it on top of the noodle pile.
9. Fold the bottom part of the wrapper over the filling. Then fold in the sides.
10. Then, pressing firmly, hold the folds in place and roll the entire wrapper horizontally up
from the bottom to top.
11. Place roll on a serving plate, seam side down and leave a bit of space between them so
they do not stick together. Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
12. Repeat steps 5 to 11 until finished.
13. If not serving immediately, keep covered in the refrigerator (not longer than a day).
14. Serve with peanut sauce