4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup shredded taco cheese or cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons. finely chopped cilantro (optional) [if using dried cilantro, use 1/2 tsp.]
1 teaspoons chili powder
4 canned whole green chile pepers, drained
1 beaten egg
1 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap.
2. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast lightly to about 1/4 inch
thick. Remove plastic wrap.
3. Set chicken aside.
4. In a small bowl combine the cheese, onion, cilantro (if desired) and half of the chili
5. Stuff some of the cheese mixture into each whole chile pepper.
6. Place a stuffed pepper on top of each flattened breast.
7. Roll up chicken around pepper, folding to sides. If necessary, secure chicken with
8. In a shallow dish combine the egg and milk.
9. In another shallow dish stir together the bread crumbs, the remaining chili powder, and
salt. Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture; coat with bread crumb mixture.
10. Place chicken rolls in an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish.
11. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven about 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer
pink (170 degrees).
12. Make-ahead directions: Prepare as directed. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. Bake as